26 April 2019
During the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of ForFarmers N.V. (hereafter: the ‘General Meeting’ and ‘ForFarmers’ respectively), which was held today in Laren (Gelderland, the Netherlands), the shareholders adopted the ForFarmers annual accounts over the 2018 financial year and approved the dividend proposal for the same financial year.
Dividend of €0.30 per ordinary share will be paid entirely in cash to the shareholders of ForFarmers, after deducting 15% dividend tax. The ex-dividend date is 30 April 2019 and payment will take place on 9 May 2019.
- All members of the Executive Board have been discharged from performing their duties during the financial year 2018.
- All members of the Supervisory Board have been discharged from performing their duties during the financial year 2018.
- KPMG Accountants N.V. has been appointed as auditor of ForFarmers for auditing the 2019 financial statements and board report.
- Mr A.J.A. van der Ven (COO) has been appointed as member of the Executive Board.
- Mr W.M. Wunnekink has been reappointed as member of the Supervisory Board.
- The Executive Board has been designated as the competent body, upon approval of the Supervisory Board, to issue ordinary shares and grant rights to subscribe for ordinary shares with a limitation up to 10% of the issued ordinary shares for the duration of 18 months.
- The Executive Board has been designated as the competent body, upon approval of the Supervisory Board, to restrict or exclude the pre-emptive right of shareholders for the duration of 18 months.
- The Executive Board has been authorised, upon approval of the Supervisory Board, to have ForFarmers acquire (other than without consideration) shares in its own share capital (irrespective of the type) up to a maximum of 10% of the issued share capital of ForFarmers (determined at the time of the General Meeting). In order to make, amongst others, the balance sheet of ForFarmers more efficient, the Executive Board has the intention to repurchase shares in ForFarmers’ own capital shares during a period of at most 18 months (the period for which authorisation has been given) for (a) an amount of €30 million and (b) for the implementation of employee participation plans in 2019 (cf.: the employee participation plan 2018 involved 186,502 shares). Insofar as use is made in 2019 for the implementation of the employee participation plans of shares purchased based on the authorisation granted in 2017, the purchase programme will fill this up to the original amount of purchased shares. The start of the purchase programme is announced separately. Subsequently, the progress of the purchase programme will be disclosed weekly by means of a press release.
Share purchase programme
Following the General Meeting, the Executive Board, upon approval of the Supervisory Board, decided to start, as of 3 May 2019, with the purchase programme of own shares.
This press release contains information which qualifies as inside information within the meaning of Article 7, paragraph 1 of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.